Friday, September 2, 2011

An explanation of everything so far: the flight from O'Hare to Philepelphia went without problems, but when we got there, our flight to Frankfurt was delayed 2 hours, causing us to almost miss our flight to Munich BUT we got on. Once I was on the plane, I truly felt like a foreigner: everyone was staring at us in our blazers, speaking German. I made friends with the boy sitting next to me, so I hope he will someday show me around Munich. My host family is great; I have become good friends with my two host brothers. My dad speaks more English than my mom, but I am able to communicate with them pretty well. Last night, we had white sausage and pretzels for dinner, and today, I helped cook a plum cake and spaghetti for lunch. Now, my parents have gone to an anniversary party, so I am home with my brothers, playing cards. Everything is beautiful here; I have my own room and bathroom. As the days go by, I will become more and more comfortable with everything. For now, I am happy to have studied as much German as I did. There is not much more for me to say at the moment. I am a bit nervous to start school, to make friends, but I know that I will be okay. I cannot believe I am finally here.

No comments:

Post a Comment