Tuesday, September 13, 2011


The moment when someone you’ve looked up to your whole life tells you that they feel inspired by a decision you’ve made.
Growing up, I wanted to be a movie star; I envisioned myself being interviewed by Oprah and winning academy awards. I could not envision any other life for myself other than a famous one, yet I could never quite figure out for myself why I craved fame so badly. The only possible underlying reason I can come up with now, at 17, is that I wanted to somehow change the world.
And I still do, but before I could feel content as the small human being that I am, I had to realize that within “the” world, there are billions and billions of worlds, each created and being experienced by a different individual. I probably will not have a direct affect on over 99% of those billions and billions, but for the few that I have been honored to come in contact with, I feel that I have changed the world. Be it making them feel loved or helping them to further achieve happiness, for at least a couple of people, I have made a difference, and that is enough for me to feel motivated to keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment